Adapting teams to change
Making deadline decisions
Motivate teams on tasks
Interpret goals for focus
Support open feedback
Innovation & Design Thinking
Listening for opportunities
Recognizing multiple audiences
Tools for nonstop usability
Adobe Creative Suite
Iris (proprietary to CBS TV)
Social News Desk
AWARDS & ASSOCIATIONS
National Association Of Black Journalists
New York State Broadcasters Association Excellence In Broadcasting Award
Outstanding Use of Digital Platforms (2019)
Editor & Publisher /
Mediaweek EPpy Award
Best Internet Sports Service under 1 million, Packer Insider
New Media Federation Digital Edge Awards
Best Home Page User Experience, MKEonline.com
Best Sports Site, Best Vertical Site, Packer Insider
Most Innovative Use of Digital Media: Features/Enterprise: OnWisconsin.com's Guide to Harley-Davidson's 100th Anniversary
Finalist, Most Innovative Use of Digital Media, MLB All-Star Game
WHO I AM, WHAT I DO
I thrive when I lead teams reporting on dangers and opportunities.
I'm committed to improving lives through clear and true knowledge.
I design new tools to help understand our world.
- In a 21-month span at CBSNewYork.com, increased +77% in website traffic and +215% in monetized on-demand video views.
- Delivered team results on-time and under budget after 70% staff reduction for the New York DMA.
- Led CBS Local Media's project and planning supervision in 24 markets, including digital production with 23 O&O TV stations and 36 O&O news, talk and sports radio stations to deliver audience growth and national reach.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, NEW YORK MARKET
CBS New York / ViacomCBS
March 2017 - September 2020
- Led all CBSNewYork.com digital platforms, including CBS2 WCBS-TV/WLNY-TV, flagship station of the CBS Television Stations group, and integration with the CBSN New York streaming local news product.
- Initially also managed digital operations and online special events for 7 other broadcast stations: Sports Radio WFAN, 1010 WINS, WCBS NewsRadio 880 and three music-format stations.
- Special projects included the NYC Votes series of live and streaming public town halls for the New York City mayoral race; expanding digital viewship of the
37% investigative archive on the Hempstead schools crisis; and helping originate and promote participation in the Sisters For The Cure breast cancer awareness initiative for African-American women.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, UNITED STATES
CBS Local Digital Media / CBS Corporation
October 2005 - March 2017
- Designed migration plan of CBS Local Media's nationwide teams to a new digital strategy, including online training guides and marketing/promotions.
- As Executive Producer, led online content teams for CBS's O&O television stations in 14 U.S. markets, including the top 8 DMAs, to provide national and global news content.
- Co-produced web-exclusive video series field reporting from DNC and RNC political conventions in the 2008 campaign season.
DIRECTOR OF AUDIENCE AND PRESENTATION
Journal Interactive / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
November 1998 - October 2005
- Pioneered design standards used by team of digital news producers, in-house client-work designers and development/programming team.
- Led innovation of flagship corporate and news products as well as special projects involving news coverage, animations and multimedia for online audiences
- Designed and delivered cross-company Journal Broadcast Group and corporate promotional initiatives for targeted digital audiences.
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEMBER
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
January 2001 - May 2001
- Designed and led a 14-week credited course in new media design aimed at senior undergraduate journalism students.
- Created departmental guidebook as faculty reference focusing on new media user habits and experience.
- Led university involvement in 2000 Knight Foundation Journalism Grant.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh | Bachelor of Science
- Major: Journalism (nationally accredited); Minors: International Asian Studies, World Religions
- Activities and Societies: Advance-Titan (campus newspaper, editor-in-chief, spring 1991), USRH National Communications Coordinator, Student Association Assembly Member.
Available upon request.